Considering Educational options


If you have a lack of academic award and are currently preparing for a career change it would be advisable to make time to go back to basics, by basics I mean check out your qualifications do you have any GCSEs if not it might be an idea to sort out a collage course to complete math’s and English, In today’s society a number of industry sectors have changed the way they recruit staff and one of these changes is to use third path application vetting systems that use key word identification software to sort potential applicants and reject less suitable candidates,


If you are 18 or over you can study for a higher educational qualification at a university, collage, or specialist institutions

Most courses start in September, you have time to find a course and apply for a place. Check out the UCAS course search tool you may be able to borrow between £300 and £10,000 from your bank if you are a postgraduate. If you are going to university for the first time you will be studying an undergraduate course – a degree or HND follow the link for more info:

There are grants and loans to help you with course fees and living costs most students get a Tuition Fee Loan to cover costs. If you’d like to pay tuition fees yourself, contact the desired university or college directly for more information.

Loans are usually offered at a reduced interest rate and the government pays interest while you’re studying. You can study at university as a mature student even if you don’t have traditional qualifications – you can apply for a Professional and Career Development Loans from your bank.

Please note you may have to apply and open a graduate or student account for three months before you will be eligible to apply for a graduate lone, check with your local banks. Professional career development lone”s are bank loans to pay for courses and training that help with your career or help get you into work.

Higher education qualifications include:


Bachelor Degrees
Foundation Degrees
Post-graduate Degrees

Full-time courses

Search and apply for:

Undergraduate courses through UCAS
Postgraduate courses through UKPASS
Teacher training courses through UCAS Teacher Training
Also you can contact universities directly.

Part-time courses

Search for:

Part-time undergraduate and postgraduate courses through the
National Careers Service

Access’ courses through
Access to Higher Education
Apply directly to the university or college – check if it’s officially recognized.
Check with your benefits office before you take out aloan as it can affect the benefit entitlement

Entry requirements

Course entry requirements vary – check with the university or college. Some universities will accept professional qualifications or relevant work experience. Others may need a levels, Access to Higher Education course, NVQs, BTEC or other work-based qualifications
You don’t need qualifications to study at the Open University they are open to everyone.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s